Final Evaluation : Intentions




When beginning this project over the summer holidays, I began by looking at different types of collections, both personal and public. I struggled at the beginning with translating the ideas that had surfaced over my summer research into textile samples so I found myself focusing on drawing for the first few weeks of the project. This meant I allowed myself little time to actually develop my fabric work and to explore different ways I could translate my ideas into fabric. I also found that when I did begin working with fabric, I lost some of the context and research side of the work I had done up until that point.

However, when I introduced the Royal Armouries research into the project I felt re inspired to begin playing around more with fabric and finally felt I was moving forward with the project. At this stage I wanted to push myself to work in different ways so I booked into both the print room and laser cutting to put myself out of my comfort zone as up to this point I had been using only embroidery/applique methods. I am really happy with how these methods contributed to my work and brought back some vibrancy and variety of texture and material to my samples.

Overall, I think this project allowed me to understand the importance of experimentation in terms of project development. If I had pushed myself a little bit harder earlier in the project I may have achieved a level of working that I was pleased with sooner, and been left with more time to develop my work even further.


Below is a collection of my more resolved samples that include screen-printing, laser cutting and embroidery.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PULP

PULP Development

Evaluation – Self Initiated