Final development work





After designing my laser cut shapes, I had to choose a material to cut out of. As I only wanted a small amount I decided to split the machine with 3 others, so we had to collectively decide on a material/colour. We ended up deciding on fluorescent blue Perspex, as it was suitable for all of our work.

I’m really pleased with the outcome of both the screen-printing and the laser cutting and see potential for how they can work together to make interesting structural samples.




When printing, i found that i really liked the stencils after they had been printed onto with different inks, so decided to use them to draw with. i also used the cut outs to collage with which made some interesting drawings.




I now plan on incorporating the more 3D structural sample techniques into my flat print samples, adding in elements of the laser cut pieces to add further texture and depth to the samples.
I am also interested in seeing how the laser cut pieces look when strung together, as the colour changes when applied to the coloured printed samples which i'm not a fan of. As this is the last week of the project i really want to push my ideas and techniques to create some interesting structures and pieces that reflect the theme of the whole project, tying in elements from drawings, samples and research.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PULP

PULP Development

Evaluation – Self Initiated