Development/sampling



Once I had begun to develop some idea of how I wanted my work to progress, I began working with fabric and finding ways to show my ideas through sampling. I began quite literally, looking at my drawings and beginning to draw on elements of those and looking at how I can reflect the use of line and collage and make it more textural and interesting.


Despite liking the way this sample looks, I felt like it was too literal in terms of the composition and technique and was just a fabric copy of my drawing, which isn’t helping me develop my ideas.

To resolve this feeling I had about my work I returned to my sketchbook and began drawing more, taking inspiration for different things I had looked at earlier in my project and filtering this back into my work as I felt all that work has been forgotten.


I felt more inspired to work in fabric once I began drawing in this way, as well as allowing more of my initial research to come back into my work which I found really 

interesting and didn’t want to lose as the project developed. I wanted to continue using the same method I do within drawing to sample as I really enjoy this way of working. Beginning by making a base layer of collage and shapes and then working into the base with line, texture and colour. I also tried to capture the quality of line that exists within my drawing by using a variety of textures, densities and techniques in my samples.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PULP

PULP Development

Evaluation – Self Initiated