PULP Development



7th October

PULP development 

Evident in the previous blog post, my pulp pieces have not been very successful thus far.
I decided to proceed with the project i needed to switch up the method drastically, my main problem before was the removal of the pieces from their mould. 
My plan to eliminate that problem is to make flat pieces of paper pulp and mould them once they are dry/partially dry. This stage of the experimentation will focus mainly on drying time and thickness of the paper.



The videos above show the process of making flat sheets of paper using a frame and deckle and pulp. Since my frame is so small i am attaching 6 pieces together to allow me to create larger pieces. The problem with pushing them together is that you end up with weak points in the paper so i will try and craft a larger frame using a photo frame and some fine mesh of some sorts.

I'm going to leave this piece to fully dry and then mould it into a shape. In the meantime i will continue making sheets and leaving them to dry for different amounts of time to see which works best when it comes to moulding.


As the drying time is so long for each piece, I am going to begin working on a drawing project along side PULP and not set myself a strict deadline for the project as i want to achieve something that works, and i'm currently not sure how long that will take.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PULP

Evaluation – Self Initiated