HANDMADE DRAWING TOOLS AND OUTCOMES




In order to loosen up my drawing style, I created a set of handmade drawing tools that I felt would challenge the way i usually draw; my usual process being using small marks and precise line to build up my drawing, often utilising a lot of white space.





 I was mostly happy with the drawings produced using my tools, i found that i was less precious when using bigger paper and wet media.However, i felt this process produced some very messy marks that i wasn't hugely fond of. Although,  I was able to create an interesting variety of marks i wouldn't have if using pens/paint brushes in my sketchbook. Below are the drawings i produced using the tools, using a range of emulsion, inks, gouache and pens/pencil attached to other longer tools (such as string and long cardboard tubing)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PULP

PULP Development

Evaluation – Self Initiated