Mid Point




After the first couple of weeks of the course, I definitely began to notice my confidence growing in terms of being able to create work I was happy with, somewhat surprising myself, and being able to use machinery like the Domestic knitting machines that I thought I would struggle with. However, I feel like I was struggling decide how I wanted to work, and trying to do exactly the same sketchbook style as I would have on my foundation course, but that wasn’t working along side the work I was doing so I fee like my confidence has dropped in that sense, but I guess that’s something that is figured out over time.
I was surprised that so far I have really enjoyed both weave and knit, when coming into this I assumed knit would be the only pathway I would be interested in exploring, and after seeing all the print and mixed media work being produced I am equally as excited by that.  I also didn’t expect to me so open to using a variety of colours, as I have always limited myself to using the same colours (where appropriate).
As the course progresses, I find myself getting more motivated to work independently, although I have realised I have a tendency to ignore work if I’m stressed about getting it finished. I was initially struggling to get work done and how to develop the work that I was doing, but I feel like I’m already more confident in development, and I’m hoping it was continue to improve when we have longer than two weeks to develop our work.

(Below - two favourite pieces from Knit and Weave rotations)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PULP

PULP Development

Evaluation – Self Initiated