End of Origins self assessment




In comparison to how I felt at the mid point of the project, I feel like I am a lot more confident in my work, maybe due to being more comfortable in the art school, or maybe because I’m understanding how to better develop my work and also work at a faster, more productive pace. I have also come to realise that not everything you do is going to be totally successful, and learned not to stress when things are going wrong, which has really help me progress with my work.
I have found that I am most excited by Mixed media due to the endless materials you can use, and the lack of restriction in what you can produce.
I think finding the pathway I really want to explore more has made me more motivated to work, putting in a lot of extra hours and trying to push myself as much as I can. However, I have realised that there is always going to be room to improve, so I’m excited to see how much I can push myself in the future. I was also surprised at how much I enjoyed embroidery as I had never really enjoyed it much in the past. I feel like I have become more open to trying new things, such as print which i assumed i wouldn't enjoy as i always enjoyed playing with materials rather than flat fabric. I can see that it’s really paying off as I have gone out of my comfort zone and decided I want to explore mixed media and embroidery further, and began to incorporate some shapes i used in my prints in my mixed media samples.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PULP

PULP Development

Evaluation – Self Initiated